Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion: Webp Support
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - General Discussion
epizz1
It's probably a little late to suggest major new features, but webp images have become very common and it would be nice to be able to view them in PMView without having to seek out an alternate.

I've used PMView for many years, since the earliest OS/2 versions. OS/2 is a distant memory now, but I call up PMView countless times every day on Windows 10.

Thanks.
skiwi
I support this
asavage
Yeah, I've been having to do online upload/convert/download on webp images recently; I was quite surprised to find that PMV does not handle it sad.gif
epizz1
QUOTE (asavage @ Aug 14 2021, 01:53 PM) *
Yeah, I've been having to do online upload/convert/download on webp images recently; I was quite surprised to find that PMV does not handle it sad.gif

The windows version of gimp is a GUI program, but it can be called from the command line with the name of the webp file you want to convert. Choose export, and you can easily get a .png or .jpg conversion.
asavage
Ubuntu here, but Thanks.
Graham
I've come here to also ask for this. (Another ex-OS/2 user who has relied on PMView for years. Better half has separate license too.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.