This will reduce the number of colors in the image to a maximum of 16 distinct colors.
· Adaptive This will select the 16 best colors for the image. The palette generated for the image is optimized and unique for this image.
· System This will only use the 16 fixed colors in the system palette. The palette for the image is fixed. Images converted to system palette will all have the same palette.
· 2-2-2 levels This will use a standard 2-2-2 level palette, that is, a palette with 2 intensity levels for each color component (Red, Green, Blue), thus the image will be reduced to a maximum of 8 colors.
· None The colors will be selected on best match basis. The color error is not compensated.
· Ordered Ordered dithering is used to compensate the error. Ordered dithering can only be used with the 2-2-2 level palette.
· Diffusion Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion dithering is used to compensate the color error.