Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canon Scanner: Floating Point exception
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - Windows Technical Support
Anonymous
I get "Floating point invalid Exception" at 0x018f3373 in PMView.EXE (it moves around) when I attempt a preview on my Canon N670U scanner. The fault occurs as the preview completes. The same window used via canon's own scanner program works fine. This may not be PMView's problem, but that's what is named in the popup.

Steve Swift
Peter
The reason for this is probably a driver bug that appears because PMView uses a part of the TWAIN driver that the canon program does not use.

Have you tried the different TWAIN options in PMView? Try to DISABLE these two options:
-Use bufferd transfer mechanism
-Close user interface after scanning
Close PMView and restart. Does this work better?
If not, then also try disabling "Float on top".

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited December 13, 2001).]
Anonymous
I turned off each of the three options, but the problem is the same. Would you recommend that I ask Canon to fix the problem?

Steve Swift
Peter
Originally posted by Steve_J_Swift:
[b:post_uid0]I turned off each of the three options, but the problem is the same. Would you recommend that I ask Canon to fix the problem?[/b:post_uid0]

Yes, but start by checking that you have the latest version of their TWAIN driver...

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.