PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PMView 2000/Lexmark Z51/OS2 prints bluish - Printing from PMView 2000 in OS2
Guest_Russell Kneebone_*
post Jun 29 2003, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Guests

Pictures taken on a Canon A70 (3.2 MP - 2048 x 1536) sent to Lexmark Z51 with resolution 600dpi and customer size set to 4608 x 6144 print fine on Letter paper, but same pictures printed with resolution set to 1200dpi print very blue. Not sure whether this is Lexmark driver issue, OS/2 bitmap size issue, PMView 200 issue or mixture.

Same pictures printed "Fit resolution" (i.e. crossways on Letter paper - 4096 x 3072?) print fine in either 600dpi and 1200dpi; actually there is no discernible difference in the output!

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Regards,
Russell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rkneebon
post Jul 2 2003, 11:26 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 154

Thanks Peter,

I'm not actually worried by the "resolution independence" of the size of the print, it is actually quite convenient to use a 600dpi "canvas" to size the image on. I just was curious how PMView knew to do that, since the representation of the size of the image on the paper doesn't change when I change the output dpi via the setup button. Or does it always calculate based on the default settings for the printer (which I have left at Normal 600)? Maybe I will change the default setting and see how the paper preview reacts.

In any case the size of the actual output matches its representation in the preview which is the best behavior available, as long as I am in fact getting 1200dpi dithering from the printer.

I will need a new photo cartridge soon if I test any more variables.

Thanks,
Russell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:51 AM