> Feature Request - Mouse Wheel
tluc88
post Feb 6 2020, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

Hello!

I have used PMView for many years (since the original OS/2 days!) and it is a great utility. However there is one feature that I have desperately wanted over the years and that is the option to control the magnification of the image using the mouse wheel instead of the usual behavior of advancing to the next image.

As an engineer working in a CAD environment, the mouse wheel is universally used in all CAD software for view magnification (and in most browsers and Acrobat, the same with the addition of a control key press) So as PMView is being used to compose reports (screen capture, cropping, image adjustment), even after all these years it is common (like 5 - 10 times/day) to have to stop and click "Cancel" when the mouse wheel is moved and the software prompts to Save the current image. This is especially true with high resolution mice, where even the slightest bump can trigger the Save dialog.

Barring the use of the mouse wheel for image magnification, an option setting to simply disable the mouse wheel in PMView would still be a massive improvement since it would stop work flow interruptions (i.e. having to press Cancel on the Save dialog box).

I appreciate your consideration of this request! Thanks for such a great product!

Best Regards,
Toby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Feb 19 2020, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Toby,

An option to disable the mouse wheel in PMView was added in v3.20, released 10/10/2005, almost 15 years ago smile.gif

Go to the Special/TWAIN settings page and uncheck the "Mouse wheel loads next/previous image" option. This will change the function of the mouse wheel to do scrolling instead.

That said, I agree it would be nice if it was possible to let the mouse wheel zoom, so in PMView v3.82 the checkbox is replaced with a drop down selection that lets you choose the desired function:

- No function
- Load next/previous image
- Zoom in/out
- Scroll up/down

Thanks,
Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
tluc88
post Apr 9 2020, 08:56 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

<<An option to disable the mouse wheel in PMView was added in v3.20, released 10/10/2005, almost 15 years ago smile.gif >>

My apologies! Being an old scanner guy, when I saw TWAIN on the tab , I never bothered to look in that menu since a scanner is not my normal use case. 2005, eh? A couple of years after I joined this forum! If it is any small consolation, I have paid for my ignorance with 15 years of mouse-wheel-scrolling penance!

<<That said, I agree it would be nice if it was possible to let the mouse wheel zoom, so in PMView v3.82 the checkbox is replaced with a drop down selection that lets you choose the desired function:>>

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kindest Regards,
Toby

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 AM