PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foc's Drop-down List: <alt+curdn> Does Not Work, History list not available via keyboard
asavage
post Apr 30 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

See http://www.pmview.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=443 for similar problem, that has the relevant screenshot.

(I thought I'd posted about this at the same time I posted about the other, OS/2-specific problem, but I see that I didn't.)

In Win, using the mouse I can use the control arrow on the right to display the history list.

With the entry area in focus, I can use the <CurDn> to scroll through history one item at a time.

However, what I can't do is <Alt+CurDn> to display the list, as I can with the mouse and the right control, or as I can using <Alt+CurDn> in the OS/2 version.

--------------------
Regards, Oak Harbor, WA
Al S.
http://asavage.dyndns.org
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 9 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (asavage @ Apr 30 2013, 02:30 PM) *
However, what I can't do is <Alt+CurDn> to display the list, as I can with the mouse and the right control, or as I can using <Alt+CurDn> in the OS/2 version.

Okay, apparently IBM forgot to implement this in OCL. All combination box controls in PMView are defunct in this respect, which is a clear indication that it's not implemented and has never worked in the Windows version of PMView. I'll see if I can get it implemented.

I guess this is very low priority since nobody has reported this issue, although it has been present since the first PMView Windows beta 14 years ago...

Thanks,
Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
asavage
post Jul 9 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Peter @ Jul 9 2013, 04:17 PM) *
I guess this is very low priority since nobody has reported this issue, although it has been present since the first PMView Windows beta 14 years ago...

That shows you how much I've used 'doze over the last decade: nil. Now, I have to use it more & more. I use the keyboard shortcuts a lot more than the mouse, and ran smack into this one when I tried to navigate to a previous listed directory using that control. It's a great feature in the OS/2 version.

--------------------
Regards, Oak Harbor, WA
Al S.
http://asavage.dyndns.org

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 10 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I have now fixed this bug. The fix will be in v3.73.

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:15 PM