These commands let you open the next, previous, first, or last image file in the current directory.
The current directory is the directory where the currently viewed image resides. If no file is open, the current directory is the directory of the file that was most recently opened (i.e. the file that is first in the Recall list).
· First Loads the first image file in the current directory.
· Previous Loads the previous image file in the current directory.
· Next Loads the next image file in the current directory.
· Last Loads the last image file in the current directory.
· Read Ahead Enables file preloading.
· Wrap Enables or disables wrapping. When enabled, PMView will automatically wrap to the first image when you advance beyond the last image with Next or wrap to the last image when you advance beyond the first image with Previous. When disabled, PMView will not do this wrapping and stays at the last (or first) image.
· Keep Refreshed If enabled, the file list is always refreshed when needed. If disabled, the file list is not automatically refreshed. This option is enabled by default. However, you may want to disable it if you have directories with more than 1,000 files and the performance of First/Previous/Next/Last is not satisfactory.
· Refresh Refreshes the file list. Use this to refresh the file list when the Keep Refreshed option is disabled.
Note: These commands retrieve the files in the sort order selected in the File Open dialog. File names are filtered according to the List files of type setting in the File Open dialog. Exception: Files will be retrieved in alphabetical order if the sort order is set to Image Format, Image Size, or Image Depth. You may want to avoid using any of these three sort methods since they cause the images to load in a different order than they appear in the File Open dialog.
Note: File preloading (read ahead) will not occur if image loading requires user interaction (e.g. selecting resolution for Photo CDs).
The shortcut key for Refresh is F5.