The functions in the Color menu are used to change the colors or shades of an image.
· Brightness/Contrast/Color opens a control that lets you adjust the brightness, contrast, and color of your image.
· RGB Balance opens a control that lets you adjust the relative strengths of red, green, and blue in your image.
· Gamma Correction opens a control that lets you adjust the gamma value of your image.
· Solarize will apply the Solarize effect to your image and opens a control that lets you adjust the solarization threshold.
· Negative inverts the colors in your image.
· Edit Palette opens the palette edit dialog.
· Load Palette lets you load and replace the palette of the current image.
· Save Palette lets you save the palette of the current image.
· Convert to converts the colors in your image.
Note: If you're handling images with more than 256 colors these adjustments may take a while, since every pixel in the bitmap must be remapped. In order to obtain smooth operation a system with palette manager should be used.
· Example of using the color adjustment tools.