Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User Filter Descriptions "LAPA - Useability issue
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - General Discussion
isaacl
I am using OS/2 version of PMView Pro.

I notice the user defined features have some very cryptic names. It is only because I am familiar with the stuff that I have an idea what they do.

However, on the screenshots of PMView (Windows version), there are some very long descriptive names in the dialog window for custom user filters (e.g. "Laplacian Edge Enhancement 1")

On OS/2, I get "LAPACI1". Not very helpful.

Is this a fundamental OS/2 limitation or something? I

Isaac
Peter
Uh-oh! ohmy.gif

It's an unexpected problem caused by a limitation of the new WarpIN installer. WarpIN is not able to cope with extended attributes. It simply throws them away and there goes the .LONGNAME EA descriptions... (This is an oversight. I knew about this WarpIn limitation, but did not remember that all the filter names depend on the EAs to be preserved).

If you have any version of the old PMView or PMView 2000 installed (e.g. v1.05 or v2.32), you can easily fix the problem. All you need to do is to copy all the files in the "Filters" subdirectory of the old PMView to the "Filters" directory of PMView Pro. That will solve the problem!

This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

Edited By Peter on 1055807062
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.