Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: animated GIFs
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - General Discussion
Thilo Straub
Hello!

Why doesn't show PMWiew (I think it's not only those for OS/2) animated GIFs.
If I press "Alt-PgDn", I can see picture after picture, but not the pics as an animation.
What's the reason and how can I change this behaviour?

Well, in comparision with PMView 1.05, it's faster, more coloured and better, but I'll use both, because the older version makes entries in the directories.

Greetings,

Thilo.
Peter
PMView is not designed to show movies (animations). Hence, it does not try to pretend that it can more than what it is designed for.

When I add support for animated GIFs I will be forced to throw out the hand-optimized (instruction-by-instruction) assembly code that currently handles GIF reading. It will be replaced by C++ code and will be up to four times slower than the current code. This is of course becoming less of an issue as time goes by and everyone soon has a fast CPU...

Another issue is that I need to add a frame buffer to PMView so that it can handle the frames of an animation... This requires a lot of work on the OS/2 side in order to get a good result...

Best regards,
Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.