Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foc Convert Cannot Create A Dir
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - General Discussion
asavage
Time to revisit this issue.

Neither 3.50 (OS/2) nor 3.40 (Win) will create a directory when invoking the Convert option within the FOC.

If I select one or more files in the FOC, RMB and choose Convert:

When I select "Convert", I receive:

I have tried this with both local and network drives (all with plenty of space, and not write-protected).

This is consistent both my W98SE and W4 boxes.

On my XP box at work, running either 3.4 or 3.5 (I don't recall which), PMV will sometimes pop up a dialogue and offer to create the dir, but invariably can't do it.

My workaround for a long time has been to pre-create a "work" dir under whatever dir I wish to open in the FOC, but it's a hassle.
asavage
Is this able to be reproduced on your end?
Peter
QUOTE (asavage @ Jul 29 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Is this able to be reproduced on your end?

Yes. I can see it here too. A workaround is to put in the full path in the "Output directory" field. Relative paths apparently do not work.

Typing "M:\ftp\hosting\PMView\work" in the field will give you the dialog that asks if you want to create the directory.

I'll fix this in v3.51

Peter
asavage
Hooray! That's fixed in 3.51 (tested the OS/2 version just now).

Can you trigger a refresh of the left directory nav pane when PMV creates a dir, so it reflects the new dir without having to switch panes and <F5>?

Perhaps the Win version already updates -- a feature of the OS. I'm referring to the OS/2 version here, as I know OS/2 has no API hook for having the OS notify the app when a file is deleted/added or when directories are changed.
asavage
For the OS/2 version:

QUOTE (asavage @ Aug 3 2007, 09:03 AM) *
Can you trigger a refresh of the left directory nav pane when PMV creates a dir, so it reflects the new dir without having to switch panes and <F5>?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.