Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non-standard Bmp?
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - General Discussion
asavage
I have an application that ships with 4,000 files with the filename extension of BMP. PMV 3.40 (OS/2 and Win) is unable to open them. I assume they are not any normal format. See attached file.
Peter
QUOTE (asavage @ May 20 2007, 05:42 PM) *
I have an application that ships with 4,000 files with the filename extension of BMP. PMV 3.40 (OS/2 and Win) is unable to open them. I assume they are not any normal format. See attached file.

Do you have any idea what they are? My gut react is that it's a proprietary bitmap format that is not even remotely related to the Windows or OS/2 bitmap standard...

It's very easy to slap on the extension .BMP wink.gif

Peter
asavage
QUOTE (Peter @ May 20 2007, 06:54 PM) *
Do you have any idea what they are? My gut react is that it's a proprietary bitmap format that is not even remotely related to the Windows or OS/2 bitmap standard...

Yes, they are just that. A Nissan parts lookup application for Windoze.

They are probably metafiles, because areas on the images are "clickable" for the application to select; I'm guessing there is much non-image info in each file.

There are lots and lots of them, and I'd prefer to not perform a screen capture every time I need to reference one, which happens once or twice a week.
asavage
QUOTE (asavage @ May 23 2007, 10:37 PM) *
There are lots and lots of them, and I'd prefer to not perform a screen capture every time I need to reference one, which happens once or twice a week.

So, am I out of luck on this one?
Peter
QUOTE (asavage @ Jun 16 2007, 10:09 PM) *
So, am I out of luck on this one?

I guess so. It appears it's not a standard windows metafile either...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.