Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Printing On Epson Stylus Photo
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - OS/2 Technical Support
Pierre Jelenc
I am trying to print a JPEG photo (750x1000 pixels) on 8x10 glossy paper with a rather old Epson Stylus Photo. The result is awful, the image posterized as though there was a severe reduction in the number of colors and no "smoothing" between pixels.

The driver was installed with eCS 1.2 when I chose the printer from the available list (though I remember that there wasn't an exact match for the model) and it calls itself "Photo Stylus 1200: Driver Version 30.817".

Is it in fact the correct driver? The printer is "Stylus Photo", not "Photo Stylus", and has no number.

The printer worked fine before, but because of a disk crash I've had to re-install the system and don't have all the old set-ups and drivers.

Thanks,

Pierre
Peter
I would recommend asking this question in the Usenet comp.os.os2.apps forum
PeterK
QUOTE (Pierre Jelenc @ Sep 26 2005, 04:52 PM)
I am trying to print a JPEG photo (750x1000 pixels) on 8x10 glossy paper with a rather old Epson Stylus Photo. The result is awful, the image posterized as though there was a severe reduction in the number of colors and no "smoothing" between pixels.

The driver was installed with eCS 1.2 when I chose the printer from the available list (though I remember that there wasn't an exact match for the model) and it calls itself "Photo Stylus 1200: Driver Version 30.817".

Is it in fact the correct driver?  The printer is "Stylus Photo", not "Photo Stylus", and has no number.

The printer worked fine before, but because of a disk crash I've had to re-install the system and don't have all the old set-ups and drivers.

Thanks,

Pierre

Hi Pierre (careful, there are too many Peters around here...;-)),

I only just logged in here for the first time so I may be a bit late in replying, however I have an Epson Stylus Photo 720 printer myself (about 4-5 years old), and under Warp 4, FP15 I use the Epson Photo 700 Driver (v30.544), as there is no 720 specific OS/2 driver to be found. I have yet to try it on my ECS 1.2 machine, however I hope to do so in about a month.

I have only ever printed my Photo's from within Star Office as this was before I had registered PmView and Star Office was the only way I could crop the scenes I wanted, however I have no issues printing photo's at all, in fact I was pleasently surprised at how good they are considering the age of my printer and older S/W. I would expect PmView to provide at least equal or even better capabilities.

Perhaps you should try downgrading the driver to a lower model printer and try again from there?

Cheers..............Pk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.