Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: browsing pictures - A little break is visible
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - OS/2 Technical Support
119-1107021777
I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, if it depends on my graphics driver or OS.

The behavior of PMView on my computer is as follows: If I switch from one picture to the next a little black interrupt is visible before the new picture is displayed. Normally this is no problem. But in some cases it is desirable that there is a smooth change between pictures. I have a set of pictures that only differ a little bit from each other. I want to show these pictures as a kind of movie (how a building grows). But this illusion is destroyed because of the little black break between the pictures. At the moment I'll create my "movie" with Freelance Graphics. But it is a lot of work. Is this also possible with PMView (at the moment, in the future)?

Thanks
Wolfgang Reinken
Peter
Try to disable "Progressive loading" in PMView's preferences notebook. That might help.

Thanks,
119-1107021777
Is "progressive loading" the same as "Bilder während d. Ladevorgangs anzeigen" of the German version? If yes, it didn't help unfortunately. I tested a lot of settings, but nothing helped.

Thanks

Wolfgang
Peter
I guess your best solution would be to build an animated GIF of the files. That way the screen is not cleared between image changes...

Thanks,
119-1107021777
Is it possible to create animated GIFs with PMView?
As far as I know the GIF format only supports 256 colors.

Is there a chance to implement an additional option in PMView that prevents the erase of the screen before the next picture is displayed? I think it would be a great feature to make picture presentations more pleasant.

Thanks
Wolfgang
Peter
Is there a chance to implement an additional option in PMView that prevents the erase of the screen before the next picture is displayed? I think it would be a great feature to make picture presentations more pleasant.

Yes, it is possible. I will look into it and post back to this thread.

Thanks,
119-1107021777
That's very good news, because I use PMView for a long time and it is my primary viewer. And the best of PMView: It supports OS/2 smile.gif

Thanks
Wolfgang
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.