Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.32 says no printer defined
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - OS/2 Technical Support
vbien
I got into this trouble by trying to directly transfering PMView from an older machine to the present one across my LAN but had to install OS/2 earlier separately (different hardware). PMView prints correctly in the older machine. The older machine has Warp 4 & FP14. The newer machine has Warp 4 & FP15. Inimaint shows several lines in OS2.ini in the older machine with printing specifications which are missing in the newer one. A bit of a mess eh? Is there a quick way to fix this problem? I think I can type the entries across but this seems too laborious! I don't dare copy OS2.ini!
Peter
The first thing to try is running PMView with:

pmview /ini=fresh.ini

Does PMView now see the printers? If this is the case, then all you need to do is to use Unimaint/IniMaint and delete all "Printers" keys for the "PMView 2.0" application.

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
vbien
Tried pmview /ini=fresh.ini and that made no difference.
Peter
Can OS/2 and other applications see the printers?

Have you installed the printer drivers for the printers?

------------------
Peter
I have found the reason for this problem. PMView requires that a default printer has been defined, otherwise it will say "No printers defined". This is of course not correct behavior and will be fixed in the next version.

WORKAROUND FOR THE CURRENT VERSION: Right click on one of the OS/2 printer objects and choose "Set default->".

------------------
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.