Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: system freeze while converting GIF2PNG - system freeze while converting GIF2PNG
PMView Pro Forums > PMView Pro Discussion > PMView - OS/2 Technical Support
Armin Schaefer
Hello!

Today I'd to convert 40 large GIF pics into PNG files for size reduction. They have been 256 gray scaled pics, so the resulting PNG files have been a lot smaller.

After converting a few pics my system suddenly froze. The pointer of the clock didn't move any more and my mouse cursor hang. So I had to reset the box.

First I didn't thought of pmview and went on converting the pics. After 3-4 files, the system hang again.

So I decided to convert only two pics, closed pmview and started it again. But no chance, the system freeze occured again some pics later.

Does anybody had this behaviour before?

My system is a P3-850 with 1GB RAM and the english version of ACP2 installed. Is any more info needed?

Ciao, Armin

My email adress is: schaefer13@gmx.de
Peter
Try to disable the "Converting Creates" thumbnail option. If this helps, then it is thumbnail creation that causes the hang. If that's the case, you need to clean up your OS/2 INI files with IniMaint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.