Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple Page Printing
llester
post Jul 19 2001, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

I just purchased PMView, and my most frequent use will be viewing and printing faxes that come in attached to emails. Unfortunately, PMView does not support the XIF format in which I've been getting them. But fortunately, the fax service allows you to get them as TIFs.

Unfortunately, when I print a multiple-page fax, only the first page prints with the correct aspect ratio. The rest of the pages are squashed vertically (they occupy only the center 1/3 of the sheet).

A workaround is to display each page individually and print it. Then they print correctly. But because the faxes I receive can run over 10 pages, that's not a very satisfactory solution. I hope there's a better one. [smile]

Lane
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 19 2001, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Unfortunately I do not have any information about the XIF format. It is possible that it is a proprietary format and that the specification is not publically available.
If you have any sampe images and/or the specification, please e-mail it to peter@pmview.com and we will try to support this format in a future release.

What print setting are you using? Is the result the same regardless if you use "fit page", "fit resolution", or "fit pixels"?
(It would probably be a good idea to e-mail me one of the files that shows this problem...)

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 19 2001, 09:17 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I can repeat the printing problem. It happens for any multi-page TIFF/FAX that contains a "low-resolution" fax file.

This will be fixed in PMView v2.31

------------------

--------------------

+Quote Post
llester
post Jul 19 2001, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Thanks for the prompt reply, and the prospect of having the printing problem go away. I will provide you with a XIF example file; I suspect it is a compressed TIF-type of thing that saves transmission time.

Lane

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM