Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Print-time Auto-orientation Bug, No auto-orientation of multiple files
Teijo
post Jan 16 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

The bug in auto-orientation I reported in August 2005 in the Windows forum still seems to exist at least in OS/2 version 3.23. When printing several files at once, the orientation remains portrait although some of the files are landscape. This results in only the (left) portion of a horizontal picture that fit in the width of the vertical sheet being printed, while the bottom portion of the sheet is left blank.

To replicate:

File open
- choose two files, the first portrait and the second landscape, using ctrl - left click
- right click on the second file
- choose print
- image size: fit pixels
- page orientation:automatic
- unit:mm
- gamma 1.00
>print

I've been avoiding the issue by copying the photographs I want to print into two temporary folders, and printing them from there, but this is obviously not a very elegant solution...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jan 18 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This bug was reported for the Windows version, and fixed for the Windows version only.

I just checked the OS/2 code and it doesn't have the same bug that the Windows version had.

However, there is an explanation for the incorrect behavior. This would happen if the printer driver function DjpNewFrame is not respecting the orientation update...

I need to test this.

Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
Teijo
post Jan 18 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

Quite some coincidence! The symptoms were identical with the Windows version so I thought it was the same bug.

If it helps, I usually use a HP Business Inkjet 2600 with the latest postscript driver. I'll try another printer when I have the time.

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jan 21 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

I just tried it with my networked HP 4550... You're right, it does not work correctly. DjpNewFrame does not re-orient the page as is expected.

This will be fixed in the next version!

Thanks,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jan 21 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Follow up:

This actually did work correctly in PMView v3.0, so I *did* test this thoroughly originally.

I got bug reports about some printers not printing because they did not support DJP. I worked around the problem by reverting to the non-DJP call. As a result, what was previously fine stopped working...

Unfortunately the fix for this means that I will have to break multi-file printing for those that experienced the aforementioned problem. I guess those users will just have to get another printer that works or something...

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 AM