> PMV 2.13: lockup after acquire
asavage
post Nov 28 2000, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Hello, Peter:

I have two different computers, one running the PMV under W95c, the other under OS/2 W4 FP13. The problem I'm having today is with the W95c system. It is a rather low-end system that I use for Win programs that I must occasionally use.

Asus P55 series clone
Cyrix P166+ CPU
64mb RAM
Generic/SymBios ISA SCSI for scanner only.
Scanner is Mustek Paragon 1200 A3 Pro (11"x17")

I can acquire an image via the scanner using Adobe Photoshop v5.5. I have no problems scanning this way.

PMV v2.13: Initially, I was able to acquire & Save four images by unselecting "Use buffered memory transfer", although it takes a _long_ time, perhaps three minutes. But it did work. Then I changed the scan size via (I assume) Mustek's TWAIN window, making it slightly larger, and I have been unable to Save any scans since.

When using PMV File->Acquire, the image is acquired and eventually displayed, but I cannot do anything with the image. That is, I can choose File->Save, but nothing happens -- the FOC does not open, and the menu is no longer responsive. I have waited 15 minutes with no change. I finally have to kill PMV using C-A-D->End Task.

If I enable the "buffered memory transfer", the image appears much faster, but I have the same problem with Save.

I have tried scanning many different sizes, and they all exhibit the same behaviour, small or large.

I tried a suggestion, starting pmview /ini=fresh.ini, but I assume this must be for the OS/2 version only.

Though I have registered both the OS/2 & Win versions of PMV, I rarely use the Win version, because I rarely use Win , but this Mustek scanner does not like SANE for OS/2, and it is larger than my 5P scanner that I've been using, so I thought I'd try PMV's Win Acquire. With little success.

I hope that this is a repairable problem, because Photoshop is quite poky with "only" a P166! For now, I have recommenced using Photoshop, as it still works OK.

Regards,
Al S.

--------------------
Regards, Oak Harbor, WA
Al S.
http://asavage.dyndns.org
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:53 PM