PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transform->size->desktop Not Working As Expected, Resizing to desktop
Guest_xavier caballe_*
post Sep 4 2005, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi. This seems to be a bug in PMView (I'm using PMView 3.11). I'm running my laptop at 1920x1200. I tried to resize an image to that size using the Transform -> Size menu option, then I selected "Desktop" as the size. Instead of my desktop size, it resized the image to 1600x1200. I was able, nevertheless, to manually adjust the size using the 'Custom' option.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Sep 5 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I had a quick look at this, and PMView seems to use the values returned by the Windows API GetMonitorInfo.

Do you have dual-head display card? Is the main display/desktop by any chance set to 1600x1200? In this case, all you need to do is to make sure that your 1920x1200 display is set as the PRIMARY (#1) display. The resize function always goes by the size of the primary desktop...

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
Guest_Xavi_*
post Oct 3 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Guests

Thanks for your reply. I only have one display card. In fact, my computer is a laptop. I double checked the properties page and can only choose one display (the second monitor is grayed out). The screen resolution is 1920x1200

X

+Quote Post
Guest_Robert_*
post Oct 12 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Guests

What screen size does PMView's "Help/SystemInfo" function display, is it 1920*1200 ?

Did you uncheck the "Keep Proportional" option before resizing? Otherwise, if you have a 4:3 sized original image, it will go to 1600*1200 when resizing to desktop resolution, to keep the 4:3 ratio.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:24 AM