PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks & feature request/question - Thanks & feature request/question
Guest_Djerk Geurts_*
post Nov 18 2003, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Guests

First of all I would like to thank you for another piece of great written software (PMview-Pro).

I'm an amatur photographer who posts his photo's online and prints some of them off. The batch processing which is now possible has enabled me to convert 7Gb of photo's in minutes rather than hours! So I can concentrate on which ones to publish rather than waste time on manually processing unneeded photo's. The lossless JPG rotate has proven to be incredibly effective too.

My question is about ICC profiles. On Windows and MAC one can load ICC profiles for using types of paper and to balance printer ink output. I'm interrested in this as I use printer cartridges in bulk and have made my own CIS (Continuous Inking System) for my Epson Photo 890. The ink I'd like to use is capable of a wider spectrum than the default Epson inks. This means I need to be able to match the digital output to the printer to mathc this other spectrum. The ink manufacturer has provided the ICC profiles for Windows and MAC but I've never heard of OS/2 support for these color matching profiles.

All Adobe "editing" sofware can use the profiles too for printer and monitor matching. Would it be possible to load ICC profiles into PMview? I'm very impressed by the Gamma controll of the display output. Maybe it's possible to adjust the gamma correcting module to load ICC profiles as well...

Regards,
Djerk Geurts
dgeurts@chello.nl

PS.: I though I read somewhere of you dropping OS/2 support? I do hope this is not true, if you do I hope I'll be able to use PMview on Linux sometime soon...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dmgeurts
post Nov 18 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

http://www.littlecms.com/faq.htm

They seem to sport an ICC profile management module under the GNU license. Apparently written to be portable and run under different environments.

Djerk Geurts

--------------------
Long time OS/2 user. Now running eComstation v1.1.
Pay the programmers, then they'll be nice to you!

+Quote Post
Peter
post Nov 19 2003, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, I have been planning to add this feature in a future release.

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
Peter
post Nov 19 2003, 10:46 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

PS.: I though I read somewhere of you dropping OS/2 support? I do hope this is not true, if you do I hope I'll be able to use PMview on Linux sometime soon...

We are NOT dropping OS/2 support. (We intend to keep the OS/2 version alive as long as possible, which is also the reason why we have to charge for the PMView Pro upgrade.)

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 AM