> "selection Info" Window (cropping), new feature suggestion to speed cropping
baden
post May 2 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,171

Hi Peter:

Now that I own a 2-way panning head, I save oodles of time not having to rotate images. The current big time expenditure for me is cropping, as each time I change the size, I need to manually calculate the frame dimensions, and then manually (and frustratingly) rotate two radio buttons to match the desired settings. I usually crop to set (4:3, 3:2) aspect ratios and incremental 100 pixel sizes.

I thought about several solutions, and I currently think the most expedient way to address this, would be to have the "Selection Info" window have some options. The first would be to set the radio button pixel selectors incrementally (eg. 1, 10, 100, 1000, custom), so that only a few clicks would be needed to readjust the frame size.

The second option would be to have a frame aspect ratio option (eg. 1:1, 1:2, 3:2, 4:3, custom), so with it enabled, the ratio would remain constant, when either the width or height were changed.

The net effect should be, that if I wanted to change the crop fame size, I should only have to change one radio selector a few clicks and be done. PMView would automatically calculate the aspect ratio and change the other dimension.

I hope this will help one hell of an excellent product! {:-)

Baden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 AM