PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Extra Pages Inserted When Printing Multiple Pages, When printing multi-page docs or >=2 pages selected from FOC insert
Mark_Henigan
post Jun 27 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 205

When printing multi-page docs (e.g., faxes0 or two or more pages selected from FOC, a blank page is inserted followed by a page with

/// start of quoted material ///
"
@PJL SET COPIES=1
@PJL SET RESOLUTION=600
@PJL SET RET=MEDIUM
@PJL SET ECONOMOD
//// end of quoted material ////

clearly referencing the HP Printer Job Language, after which the first page selected is printed, then repeating the pattern for each page selected, i.e.,

[blank] [PJL page] [page 1] [blank] [PJL page] [page 2] [blank] [PJL page] [page 3]...[last page].

This started happening at least a couple of years ago. I cannot pinpoint the date. It occurs with HPLJ 5L and HPLJ 6L but not with the HP Photosmart 8050 using the HPDJ 895C driver, all of which are from the LASERJET.HP and OMNI.HP drivers that come with eCS. I have several of these printers and depend on them.

I do not select separator pages. Most of the images are TIFFs, but not all.

This is important to me because I must either waste time selecting and printing each page separately, or paper and time printing as I would have previously, then removing the extra pages. Since I use PMView daily for a considerable amount of my work and need to be able to print directories of images, this change in behavior has created problems for me in work efficiency.

So far as I am aware, there has been no substantial change in the drivers in many years leading me to wonder whether there has been an inadvertant change in PMView that has led to this problem. I just installed PMView v 3.61 and see no change.

BTW, I am pleased to see the copy and move selection boxes being sizable, even if I still can't delete unused directories from their lists. [

Any thoughts?

- Mark

Mark Henigan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:55 AM