PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PMView 2000 V 2.13 + Sci Tech Display Doctor SE (Version Licensed to IBM)
Joe Martins
post Jan 20 2001, 06:15 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

WARP 4 FP14 Pentium Pro 200 Mhz 512 Mb RAM
#9 Imagine 128 II 4 Mb video card
1 x Adaptec SCSI 29160 card
2 x 18 Gig Seagate SCSI LVD160 drives
PMView 2000 V 2.13
=========================================
I've recently installed the latest version of Sci Tech Display Doctor drivers (SE version licensed to IBM and the OS/2 version of Macromedia Flash player. Previously I used the #9 supplied display driver for WARP (it was old but I had no problems .. except I couldn't get into any Web site that required Flash player).

Since installing the Sci Tech Display Doctor driver PMView will lock up the whole system, with the speaker beeping constantly, on displaying about the second or third *.JPG image. The only way out is to hit reset and then start up from recovery diskettes and run "chkdsk" on the drives and finally rebooting (a rather long process).

Every other native OS/2 program is working fine. Some Windows programs are also showing sporadic SYS3175 abends in WinOS/2 sessions.

Any advice on what may be causing the problem would be most appreciated.

Thank You
Joe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jan 21 2001, 03:16 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Have you read through the suggestions in the "bugs & problems" section in PMView's on-line help?

This sounds like the GpiDrawBits API is broken in the SDD drivers. Try disabling "Use GpiDrawBits" on the "Display" page in PMView's options notebook.

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited January 21, 2001).]

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
Joe Martins
post Jan 23 2001, 09:48 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

[quote]Originally posted by Peter:
[B]Have you read through the suggestions in the "bugs & problems" section in PMView's on-line help?

Yes I did. Sorry that I didn't provide that information also.

This sounds like the GpiDrawBits API is broken in the SDD drivers. Try disabling "Use GpiDrawBits" on the "Display" page in PMView's options notebook.

I had already tried that even though I wasn't experiencing any video corrupton; just a solid lockup when displaying either the 2nd or 3rd picture (with the machine's speaker emitting a solid loud "beep")

I have uninstalled the SDD driver, set the system back to VGA (via WARP's selective install), and then re-installed the driver again.

I've tried PMView again and now it all seems to be working normally. "Use GpiDrawBits" is turned back on and PMView still functions normally.

I guess something didn't go quite right with the first install of the SDD drivers.

Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:05 PM