Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> save dialog stays openHi3.0533. - bug report
Guest_Menno Tillema_*
post Jul 25 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

I think I encountered a cosmetic flaw in Pmview Pro 3.05 for OS/2. Selecting "Save" and afterwards pressing the button "cancel" I can still see the "file save" task in the eCenter task bar. Clicking on "Cancel" does dismiss the dialog, but the task stays. Clicking the upper right cross does dismiss the window _and_ closes it

I noticed the same behaviour in the "Open" dialogs.

I hope this explanation is good enough as a "bug"report.

I'm looking forward to see new releases. Is 3.10 on schedule?

Thanks for the ongoing support!

Menno Tillema
The Netherlands
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_72-1091143628_*
post Jul 29 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #2

Guests

This works as expected and it has been this way since first PMView versions.

But I would also prefer a possibility to make this behaviour more explicit.

Peter, how about adding a button 'Hide' beside 'OK' and 'Cancel' ?

Then 'Cancel' and window closing could behave identical and the user exactly knows what happens.

I'm also looking forward to 3.10 release. I hope the most missing feature (for me) is available then. I'm talking about capability for updating EXIF preview image like an icon.

Heiko
Germany

+Quote Post
Peter
post Aug 2 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

It's supposed to work this way:

Pressing the "Cancel" button HIDES the dialog (hitting the ESC key has the same effect)
Pressing the [X] button will close the dialog (hitting ALT-F4 on the keyboard has the same effect).

The rationale behind this "Cancel" behavior is that when browsing through hundreds or thosands of images you would not want the dialog to close (in this case PMView will need to re-read all the images each time). Hiding the dialog instead of closing it saves time. However, as noted above you can force it to close by pressing the [X] button in the upper right corner, or you can press ALT-F4. This will close the window instead of hiding it.

I don't think "Cancel" should close the window, since opening (double-clicking or pressing the Enter key) will "Cancel" the dialog. Imagine what a horrible experience it would be if PMView would re-scan all the directories and re-read all the thumbnails between opening each image.

Of course, I could change the name of the button to "Hide" - however, that is not a good idea! Many people rely on the fact that ESC=Cancel and thus press the ESC key to hide the dialog. I know that quite a few PMView users would be very upset if cancelling actually closed the window instead of hiding it...

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:20 AM