PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> feature requests - arrange multiple images
Guest_Anonymous_*
post Jul 25 2001, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Guests

Here is a feature request: I'd like an easy way to arrange multiple images. For example I want to create a collage (arrange several images on a page), so I have to:

1. Create a new image and specify a large size, then save it.
  2. Then I open one of my images to insert to the collage, select it, copy it, close it.
  3. Open the collage again and insert as selection, then move to where I want it.
  4. Save the collage again.

Repeat steps 2-4 for each image in the collage.
I would be much nicer to drag from the open dialog box or the desktop to where I want it in the collage. To make this possible easily, I think two features would do it:

1. Sort of an "anti-crop" to enlarge the current image size without changing what is there already - like adding a blank border around the image so some of what is there could be moved around. In other words, give the current image more pixels to work with, but don't change any of the pixels aready there.
  2. Add an option to the open dialog box to insert as selection (instead of the current behavior of replacing the current image. It would be nice to have a configuration option for what happens when an image file is dragged to PMview from the desktop: current behavior (replace current image) or insert as selection or prompt for what to do with the new file.

Please let me know if this is not clear.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Aug 3 2001, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Currently this can be more easily done (compared to what you're currently doing) by running two copies of PMView:

Start session #1 of PMView. Select File->New
Start session #2 of PMView. Load the first image. Press Ctrl+C.
Paste the image in #1 by presssing Ctrl+V.

Load the next image in #2, paste it in #1 and so on...

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited August 03, 2001).]

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:25 AM