Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two Small Bugs In 3.61
Tannin
post Apr 24 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 207

Very happy with PMView 3.61 overall. It has introduced a couple of new bugs, however, one moderate, the other very minor. These are both new since v 3.5x.

1: Custom key weirdness. (MODERATE) The key mappings are now much, much fussier than they used to be. SHIFT is the culprit. As an example, for years past I have had [SPACE] mapped to file/next and [ALT/SPACE] to file/previous and it has worked flawlessly. Now, if I happen to have shift lock on, nothing happens! The same occurs with the factory-mappped [PAGEUP] and [PAGEDOWN] keys.

Sure, I have now become used to it and know that, if PMView seems to have stopped responding to the keyboard, changing the shift state will probably fix it, but less experienced users will struggle with it. (Actually, they won't, they will just decide there is something wrong with the program and stop using it in favour of something that does what they expect.)

2: (MINOR) Default location for the file copy/move folder browser. Prior to 3.6x it defaulted to the top of the directory tree. Now (on the Windows version) it defaults to My Documents and requires an extra click to open the computer and get to the drives. (This is probably a design decision, not a bug. Still a pity though.)

Everything else works beautifully!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Apr 25 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Tannin @ Apr 24 2010, 07:37 PM) *
1: Custom key weirdness. (MODERATE) The key mappings are now much, much fussier than they used to be. SHIFT is the culprit. As an example, for years past I have had [SPACE] mapped to file/next and [ALT/SPACE] to file/previous and it has worked flawlessly. Now, if I happen to have shift lock on, nothing happens! The same occurs with the factory-mappped [PAGEUP] and [PAGEDOWN] keys.

What Windows version are you using? I cannot repeat this problem on Vista x64, Windows 7 x64, or Windows XP. PMView v3.61 w/ default settings - PgUp/PgDn works flawlessly regardless of Caps Lock on or off.

Same thing when mapping Space and Alt+Space. Both work fine here regardless of Caps Lock state.

Of course, if I press and hold the Shift-key, then it will not work. Neither is it supposed to.

Maybe you have some other software installed on your system that changes the behavior of Caps Lock?

Have you tried the obvious workaround: Go into the PMView preferences notebook and add the key mappings with CapsLock ON. That should do the trick! (Alternatively, try to add Shift+Space and Alt+Shift+Space mappings).

FWIW, v3.6x does not change any code releated to shortcut keys. The last major change was in v3.54. If v3.54 worked, then v3.6x should also work fine. Sounds like there might be something else going on with your system.

QUOTE (Tannin @ Apr 24 2010, 07:37 PM) *
2: (MINOR) Default location for the file copy/move folder browser. Prior to 3.6x it defaulted to the top of the directory tree. Now (on the Windows version) it defaults to My Documents and requires an extra click to open the computer and get to the drives. (This is probably a design decision, not a bug. Still a pity though.)

This is a system dialog. On request that the dialog is made resizable, it was changed to the new XP-style dialog which allows resizing. Apparently the dialog is different in other aspects too, like the default location. I'll see if there's anything that can be done about this...

Thanks,
Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:06 PM