Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can't Capture Firefox Window After H/w Upgrade
epizz1
post Jan 8 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,248

With my old AMD Sempron motherboard and an ATI All-in-Wonder AGP video card, I had no trouble capturing a Firefox window.

About a month ago, I changed both motherboard and video card. Since then I can't capture a Firefox window. Instead I get a capture of the entire screen. Also, sometimes the contents of the Firefox window is shifted down and to the right, with a wide black border at the top and left side. The Firefox window is restored as soon as it regains focus.

Here's the skinny on the new hardware: ASUS P5N-E motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, PNY nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS video card using a PCI Express 16 slot.

When I first changed the mother board, I installed a Diamond ATI 2600XT video card. I wasn't happy with that card and replaced it a few days ago. So the video card is not the problem.

I rarely capture windows other than from Firefox, but I made a few tests and I was able to capture a folder window and a DOS window. There may other applications where PMView dsplays the same symptom, but I don't know about them.

I did not reinstall Windows XP after the upgrade, I used only the Windows repair facility. PMView (version 3.51) was not touched.

I hope somebody has some idea about what is going on here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 PM