Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bug When Cmdline-calling Pmview Pro?
gaea
post Jun 30 2005, 12:32 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

I think there is a bug in Pmview Pro v3.10 that shows when it's called from the command line to select a group of files.

I have both Pmview Pro v3.10 and Pmview2000 v2.32 installed. They live in separate directories and is called from the command line with two different batch files.

Pmview.cmd (for Pmview 2000):

@echo off
setlocal
set path=g:\os2ut\pmv2000;%path%;
set PMVIEW_INI=g:\os2ut\pmv2000\pmview.ini
pmview.exe %1
endlocal

Pmvpro.cmd (for Pmview Pro v3.10):

@echo off
setlocal
set path=g:\os2ut\Warpin\Apps\Pmview;%path%;
set PMVIEW_INI=g:\os2ut\Warpin\Apps\Pmview\Pmview.ini
pmview.exe %1
endlocal

Now I go to g:\ftp\brides directory to view all Bridesandbeauties pics. First I do it
in Pmview 2000:

Pmview.cmd Bridesandbeauties*.*

The File Open Container (FOC) pops up showing thumbnails of all Bridesandbeauties files. To view one, I click on the thumbnail and the main window opens with the selected file.. This is the behaviour I've seen in Pmview from the beginning.

Next I do it in Pmview Pro:

Pmvpro.cmd Bridesandbeauties*.*

What happens now is NOT what I expect from Pmview Pro. The Main window opens showing the FIRST Bridesandbeauties file in the directory. The FOC is NOT open at this point so I open it with Ctrl+O, expecting to see thumbnails of all Bridesandbeauties files. Instead, it shows thumbnails of ALL pics, not just the Bridesandbeauties pics! As g:\ftp\brides contains a LOT of pics, this will slow down my system a lot and make it hard for me to find only the Bridesandbeauties thumbnails in the FOC.

Is this behaviour intentional or is it a bug?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:27 PM