PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> refuses to load image at 100%
Guest_James Himmelman_*
post Oct 22 2003, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have the "Resize Window When Loading a New Image" option checked, but PMView Pro 3.02 insists on loading all images into a window that is either maximum height or width of my desktop.

I'm not talking about full screen (I have loading set to "Normal", not "Full Screen"). This bug happens as soon as I put a check mark in "Always zoom image to fit window" and hit apply. If I uncheck "Allways zoom image to fit window", the image snaps back to 100%.

Jim H
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Oct 23 2003, 07:40 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This is not a bug. You just need to configure the zoom options:

Select "View->Preferences" from the main menu. Then change the "Normal Screen View" zoom option to "Zoom image if it is larger than window". This will only zoom the image if it is too large to fit on the desktop (i.e. it will only shrink it, never enlarge it).

If you use "Always zoom image to fit window", PMView will do just that. It will zoom the image to a "perfect fit" for your desktop (i.e. it will either enlarge it or shrink it to fit the desktop).

Thanks,

Edited By Peter on 1066913113

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
jhimmel
post Oct 29 2003, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 164

But Peter, if I do that, then the image does not stretch with the window when I hit the maximize button of the window.

Pevious versions of PMView did not have this problem.

How do I set PMView Pro to open at 100% image resolution by default, but still stretch to fill the window when I maximize the window? I used this often in older versions of PMView, and I am tempted to revert back to those versions if I can't get Pro to behave this way.

Jim H.

+Quote Post
jhimmel
post Oct 29 2003, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

To clarify, Peter, I selected the option of Loading to "Normal", and have enabled "Resize image when loading a new image". I do not want these options ignored. This should give me a 100% (Normal) image every time I load one.

I then selected "Always zoom image to fit window". I expect this to cause the image to stretch if I drag the window larger or if I intentionally maximize the window. That is the way the older versions of your program behaved. I did not select any options that say - "Always zoom image to fit the *DESKTOP*", which is the way pro is behaving.

If I wanted a large image every time it loads I would have selected the Loading option of "Full screen".

Can you help?

Thanks,

Jim H.

--------------------
Jim H.

+Quote Post
Peter
post Oct 29 2003, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

This has changed in PMView pro.

During the beta testing, the option you asked for was available.

Unfortunately, the beta testers were so confused about the myriad of zooming options that I had to simplify it. The result is that the feature you asked for had to be left out...

I figured that someone wanted this feature, but due to the complaint of complexity, I could not leave it in. Sorry.

I will consider making this available through a hidden registry setting in v3.10. That way at least it *can* be achieved...

Thanks,

--------------------

+Quote Post
jhimmel
post Oct 30 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #6

Forum Member

This is a real shame, Peter.

This is so important to the way I use PMView that I will have to revert back to older versions. I do hope you do something to give this back to us. A hidden setting would be fine with me, but I hope it makes it into the next update, and I hope the next update is soon.

I have been a PMView customer (an FAN) for many years. I used PMView on OS/2 for years, and was happy to continue using it on WindowsXP. I really hope that next time there is a beta for a major update that I can particepate and offer input.

Thanks for the prompt responses,

Jim H.

--------------------
Jim H.

+Quote Post
Peter
post Nov 3 2003, 08:29 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

Jim,

I'll see to that there is an option for this in v3.10.

Thanks,

--------------------

+Quote Post
jhimmel
post Nov 3 2003, 05:49 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

That's good news, Peter.

In the meantime, I left Pro installed, but also installed PMV2000 and have associated the older version with all image files by default.

This way I am getting the type of viewing that I need with 2000, but can still load Pro if desired.

I'll be watching for 3.10

--------------------
Jim H.

+Quote Post
jhimmel
post Jan 5 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #9

Forum Member

Got it in 3.10! THANKS!
I can finally use PMView Pro as my default viewer and get rid of PMView 2000. I am happy again.

Jim H.

--------------------
Jim H.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 AM