PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NFS problem?
Guest_xyz_*
post Dec 27 2003, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi I am unable to see any files in FILE OPEN window on an NFS drive. I can view specific files from commandline (pmview blah.jpg) from the drive, but file open says "no files" no matter which filemask I choose (even if I manually type *). The NFS drive is case sensitive... I tried pmview 2000 and pmview pro and both has the same problem. I know OS/2's NFS isn't the best but this is the first program I had this problem with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Dec 28 2003, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Try to enable "View->Hidden files" just in case the NFS driver has set the "system" or "hidden" attribute for some reason...

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
paulbiz
post Jan 1 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

I found that it is not a PMVIEW problem, but a WPS problem in general. Accessing NFS drive via WPS will either result in unknown behavior (like "no files") or more usally NFS will trap the system entirely.

A workaround is to use TVFS and link the NFS drive to a TVFS drive, and access it via the TVFS drive, then pmview and everything else will work properly and not trap the system!

Netdrive has a NFS plugin but I don't know if it has the same problem as IBM's NFS.IFS does (I could never get the ND plugin to make a NFS connection at all).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:27 AM