isaacl
post Jul 16 2003, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

I have PMView Pro 3.01

There are some silly behaviours I noticed, some carried over from v2

- If I use "File-Open" or the open button, and then I hit "Cancel", if I look in the Window list, the File Open dialog still exists, even though the dialog appears to go away. If I use the window close button on that window instead of "Cancel", then the dialog really does go away (gone from Tasklist).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
isaacl
post Jul 16 2003, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Member No.: 108

ooops!...(damn I hate these web forums)....
..continuing on:

- When I minimize PMView, there is no icon on my desktop (even though the setting is minimize to desktop). When I "get it back" from the Tasklist (it's the only way), the PMView icon _does_ appear on my desktop briefly, and then goes away again (as it should with the window maximized or restored).

- When PMView is opened, for some reason the icon in my PMView folder is not hashed out, as it should be when a file is in use.

Anyone else see this? This doesn't happen with any other application. (And it is slightly annoying). I am running MCP2 + FP3.

Isaac

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 16 2003, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

1. This works as designed. Cancel only hides the dialog. This is what most people want, since it can take a long time to load and/or build the thumbnails and/or scan the drives. You don't want to have to redo all that work every time you open the dialog. Pressing the X does do a full close, as you noticed.

2. I need to check this. When you have it set to minimize to the "Minimized windows folder", I know it works.

3. Sounds like an OS/2 problem to me. PMView is not supposed to do the hashing.

Things to try:

1. IF you have NewView installed, make sure that you have the very latest version. Version 2.2 causes BIG problems and breaks PMView in an uncountable number of ways.

2. Try cleaning your OS2.INI file. This is a common reason for weird behavior.

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
mwilliam15
post Aug 6 2003, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

Member No.: 155

Peter, let me first say that PMVIEW is an excellent product that for me is a 'must-have'. Thanks for a great product.

I believe I am also seeing a side affect of this behavior where PMVIEW does not *completely* close. When I am processing images and empty a directory, I would like to delete that directory. But, I can not remove the directory and get SYS0016 (the directory is in use). I have closed all PMVIEW windows (did not have any file-open windows open, just a PMVIEW window). PMVIEW does not appear in task-list, but if I go into WATCHCAT, the PMVIEW process is still active. Closing the PMVIEW window (even with the X button) does not completely close PMVIEW. In order to gain access to the directory so it can be deleted, I must *kill* PMVIEW with WATCHCAT so the process goes away and releases control of the directory. At least I have finally found out what process was not releasing control of the directory and can now work around it, but this gets to be a little irritating. You mentioned that most people want PMVIEW to behave this way so the startup time is reduced. Would it be possible to have an option for how to close PMVIEW? Either fully or partially. For me fully closing PMVIEW when the window is closed is preferrable.

I have cleaned the OS/2 INI file and the results are the same. I am running NewView 2.5.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

+Quote Post
mwilliam15
post Aug 6 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Member No.: 155

Peter, I have just de-installed NewView 2.5.0 and the problem with PMVIIEW windows not completely closing has disappeared. I can now delete empty directories after closing PMVIEW without having to kill the process first. So, it looks like NewView 2.5.0 still has the problem of interfering with closing processes.

Thanks for the tip about NewView. The tip just needs to be updated to include NewView 2.5.0 as also being a problem.

+Quote Post
Peter
post Aug 7 2003, 07:55 AM
Post #6

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks for the heads-up about NewView 2.5.0.

NewView 2.2 was broken. AFAIK, version 2.3 was working... Seems like Aaron (the author of NewView) is having some quality problems with NewView if 2.5 now is broken again...

Thanks,

Edited By Peter on 1060261091

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 AM