Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-something Or Other, Going back to previous images
JimL
post Jun 21 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,684

The button with two green arrows will bring up the last image I displayed on a previous PMView session.

How do I get it to bring up the last image displayed in the CURRENT session?

Very often I wish to compare two images quickly, but the recall button always gives me not the previous image but the one I am already on - useless.

If this is not supposed to actually recall the previous image I propose that it should.

JimL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jun 22 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (JimL @ Jun 21 2009, 11:16 AM) *
The button with two green arrows will bring up the last image I displayed on a previous PMView session.

The sequence buttons and (or PgUp/PgDn) bring up the previous respectively next image in the current sequence relative to the currently displayed image. By default the sequencer is loaded with all files in the current directory that match the file masking pattern and sort order currently set in the File Open dialog.

How do I get it to bring up the last image displayed in the CURRENT session?

Pressing the button or selecting File->Recall->1... from the menu, will reload the last (most recently loaded) image.

It sounds like you want to reload the previous image (the one loaded before the current one). This is done with:

File->Recall->2... (Keyboard presses: 'Alt+F', 'R', '2')

Very often I wish to compare two images quickly, but the recall button always gives me not the previous image but the one I am already on - useless.

To compare two images quickly, you can load the sequencer with the two images you wish to compare. Once the sequencer is loaded with the files you want, pressing PgUp/PgDn (or scrolling your mouse wheel) will flip between the images.

To load the file sequencer, mark the images you want in the File Open dialog (for instance by holding CTRL pressed and left-click on the images you want). Then right click and select "Open->Open in current window". (Or simply drag & drop the files on the main PMView window).

If you prefer to use PMView from the command line, starting PMView with:
pmview file1.jpg file2.jpg
will explicitly load the file sequencer with these two files. (This assumes you have not changed the desired command line behavior in PMView's preferences dialog).

If this is not supposed to actually recall the previous image I propose that it should.

The industry standard behaviour for "recall" is to reload the current image. Some applications call this function "reload". The main purpose is to reload and undo all unsaved changes.

Thanks,
Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
JimL
post Jul 1 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,684

QUOTE (Peter @ Jun 22 2009, 10:09 AM) *
The industry standard behaviour

OK. You've made your point. A user should not want to flip instantly between two images.

JimL

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 1 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (JimL @ Jul 1 2009, 12:26 PM) *
OK. You've made your point. A user should not want to flip instantly between two images.

JimL

That is not the purpose of the recall function.

However, it would be nice to be able to assign a hot-key for Recall->2 since this would do what you want. Unfortunately this is not possible in the current version as it only allows you to link a hotkey to the top recall menu entry. I will add this in the next version...

Thanks,
Peter

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 PM