cssw@voicenet.co...
post Jul 7 2001, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

the following with regards to pmview
version 2.3 for OS/2:

Does pmview support printer directly to a postscript printer, I've been having problems, I see one margin go wacky with a huge number?

I do see that I can save an image as encapsulated postscript, But then how does One print it under OS/2?

And can I get it saved so when I go to print it, it will be the correct size printed?

regards
cssw
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 8 2001, 06:23 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Originally posted by cssw@voicenet.com:
[b:post_uid0]Does pmview support printer directly to a postscript printer, I've been having problems, I see one margin go wacky with a huge number?[/b:post_uid0]

Have you followed all the advice in the on-line help and in the FAQ at www.pmview.com?

Printing problems are common under OS/2 and as common as they are, they are also equally commonly fixed by following the documented procedures. Except for a few cases where the printer driver was exceptionally bad (may no longer apply at today's date), following these instructions have always worked.

Originally posted by cssw@voicenet.com:
[b:post_uid0]I do see that I can save an image as encapsulated postscript, But then how does One print it under OS/2?[/b:post_uid0]

That's a good question! This is not the common way to do it. It requires that you have set up your printer in a way that lets you pipe directly into the printer. If printing directly from PMView does not work, then I doubt you'll have much more luck this way, because it is definitely harder to set up (or at least not _easier_).

A good place to start is to install GhostView. This lets you display the postscript file and see that the file itself is correct...

------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited July 08, 2001).]

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:02 AM