Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Unable to delete...
Larry Bristol
post Jul 31 2000, 04:17 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

I frequently scan through a directory containing a large number of recent downloads, deleting most/all of the images in the process. The program is configured to display the next file after the delete action. I tend to move through the files swiftly, hitting the delete key about once a second or so.

I have an intermittent problem with this process. Occassionally, a message box will pop up indicating an error has occurred and that the file could not be deleted. After dismissing the message box, the file can be deleted normally, and I can proceed.

I am sure it is a timing thing. I assume it is a sharing error of some kind; maybe the delete is done in one thread which gets control before the display thread closes the file? It only seem to occur if I am moving along swiftly, pressing the "Del" key before the image has been completely displayed. That does not seem to be the entire story, however, and I cannot reproduce it at will.

My only complaint is that responding to this message box breaks my rhythm and slows me down a bit. I thought you might be interested in this oddity.

BTW: This happens in W95, but never when I do the same thing under OS/2. :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:25 PM