PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pmview Icon Conflicts With Adobe Reader
Guest_Greg Jewell_*
post Jun 7 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Guests

I'm seeing something pretty strange, and have been aware of the issue for a few years now. After I installed PMView, the icon for Adobe Reader in the Start menu is replaced with the PMView icon. Is anybody else seeing this?

It's not causing any functional problem, but is slightly annoying. (Obviously, since it has taken so long for me to mention this, it's not a big deal.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jun 9 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This is actually a weird feature of the Adobe icon. The problem is that the Adobe entry in the start menu will display the icon of the default program associated with .ICO files. When installing PMView, you probably chose to associate PMView with .ICO files.

To solve the problem, type the following at a Command Prompt:

assoc .ico=icofile

The next time you start PMView, it will complain that it's no longer associated with ICO files. Answer "No" when PMView asks you if you want to correct the problem (this will automatically change the installation settings, so the next time you upgrade PMView it will remember that you do not want PMView associated with ICO files).

Note: It seems that the change is instantaneous on XP. However, on Win2k it requires a reboot. I'm sure this applies to older flavors of Windows too...

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.

+Quote Post
Guest_Greg Jewell_*
post Jun 9 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thanks for the reply, Peter. It behaved exactly as you said it would. That is pretty strange behavior for Adobe...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 AM