Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two questions & good wishes
Guest_Robert Schroeder_*
post Dec 19 2004, 06:10 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi there,

just two questions from a still satisfied longtime PMView user, who's working even more with the software, since digital photography keeps getting more and more of a major interest as really sophisticated equipment becomes more affordable. By the way, I was already able to suggest PMView to some other photographers who were looking for a program that can losslessly JPEG-rotate without losing at least some of the EXIF data - such a feature doesn't go without saying yet, it seems.

Question number one - while I'm delighted to see PMView is still under development and a new minor version is due to be released, I remember there used to be two mailing lists, the "PMView" and the "PMView Beta" mailing list, and I once used to be at least on the latter. Is there still such a thing?

Number two, is there a list of planned or requested new features for future versions? I might be able to add one or two (or to refrain from it, as they already might be listed), like a more flexible "unsharp mask" filter (with adjustable radius, strength and threshold) or even RAW development functions (alright, I know that would mean to get into a lot of different vendor-specific detail which keeps changing all the time, too...).

Anyway, thanks especially for keeping the OS/2 development up, good holidays & a happy new year,
Robert
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Dec 19 2004, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The public mailing lists are here: http://www.pmview.com/mail.html
Please e-mail me at peter@pmview.com for info on how to sign up on the beta list

There has been quite a few requests for support of RAW files. While there is no way I could possibly keep up with supporting these formats from scratch, I recently realized that there seems to be some very nice free implementations available on the net. I'm considering implementing the DCRAW package in a future PMView release, provided that it can be made robust enough to meet PMView standards. (The file format auto-detection needs to be 100% bug free. A buggy auto-detection will make the whole application suffer).

You can create other varieties of Unsharp filters by using the PMView filter editor. (However, this may require some knowledge about filter theory).

FWIW, even though v3.10 is a minor upgrade feature-wise, it is a major technical upgrade. All new compilers on both platforms finally rids me of many long time problems with the IBM tools I'm now finally leaving behind. It took quite a bit of work, but it is definitely worth it...

Thanks, and happy holidays!

Edited By Peter on 1103477058

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:56 PM