PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scroll message for jumping through pics - where to post WM_CHAR message
Guest_Klaus Breining_*
post Dec 1 2003, 05:35 AM
Post #1

Guests

I am further extending AMouse features. Currently PMView support is from my point of view quite good, but I am missing one feature: If I am in a directory containing multiple pics, I can jump through them using PgUp, PgDn. I would like to simulate this using the mouse wheel. I already tried to post the appropriate WM_CHAR message to different window handles in the class hierarchy, but currently without success. To shorten the "reengineering phase" just the question here, mainly to Peter, of course: where to post which message to get the desired effect?

Regards
Klaus Breining
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Dec 3 2003, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I would suggest posting a WM_COMMAND message to the client window (I believe posting to the frame window should work fine too).

Set the Command ID (mp1) to 1013 (previous file) or 1014 (next file).

Doing it this way, you can be sure that it works regardless of key mappings. (Notice that users can remap the keys in PMView, so sending PgUp/PgDn WM_CHAR messages is not a good idea in the first place. Also, PMView v0.93-v1.05 used the keypad<+> and keypad<-> keys. Sending PgUp/PgDn would not work for these PMView versions nor for anyone using PMView 2000 or PMView Pro with v1.0 key mappings).

FWIW, I cross-checked the Command ID codes with older versions of PMView. The good news is that they have stayed the same (1013 & 1014) in [b:post_uid0]all[/b:post_uid0] PMView versions since v0.93 when the file sequencer functionality was introduced.

Please let me know if you implement it this way. If you do, I will make a note in the header files about that AMouse uses these IDs and that I should leave them unchanged in future versions too.

Thanks,

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:15 PM