PMView.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> File Open, drag'n'drop overlays files w/o warning
Guest_Keith Oswald_*
post Jun 28 2003, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Guests

In PMView 2000 for OS/2, I use the File Open dialog as a simple file manager. I can sort pictures from one folder to another by drag 'n drop.

But when dropping a file from one folder into another folder that already has a file of the same name, the dropped file replaces the existing file without a pop-up warning.

Also pressing Control and dragging within the same folder appears to do nothing. I expected it to give me a chance to create a copy of the existing file with a new name.

Is this a design limitation, is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong? If it's a bug, is it fixed in PMView Pro for OS/2?

Thanks, Keith Oswald
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter
post Jun 29 2003, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This is a design limitation (missing feature) in PMView 2000. PMView 2000 and older PMView versions always replace the file. There is no option to alter the behavior.

PMView Pro adds several options for this, including a spiffy brand new Confirm File Replace Dialog with thumbnails that display the source and target files and prompts you for what to do. (This is the default behavior. You can also set it to always skip, always replace, skip if files are identical, etc...)

Dropping the file in the same folder used to be a no-operation due to the fact that PMView 2000 always replaces the file. In PMView Pro (v3.01) it still does nothing even when CTRL is pressed to create a copy. This is arguably a bug and will be fixed in v3.02. Thanks for pointing out the issue.

Thanks,

Edited By Peter on 1056909554

--------------------
Peter Nielsen (peter@pmview.com) "If you can dream it, you can do it" JFK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:27 AM